Learning Resources has another SWEET product to give to my AWESOME readers! This is a great way to get some more technology integrated into your classroom. My absolute favorite thing about this product is that it requires NO BATTERIES! So, as long as you have a computer handy, you can charge it at any given moment, never leaving you high and dry and unable to record. I love this handy, dandy gadget for many reasons. I can use it in all the same ways that I do the EasiSpeak Microphone (if you didn't see that post, go here for my ideas) and MORE....
...the greatest difference between this HearAll Recorder and the EasiSpeak Microphone is that is encourages many voices to record at once by setting it down on a flat surface (versus one holder of the mike!), allowing you to use the recorder during group sessions of reading and conferencing.
When children have the recorder in their group's earshot, it encourages more on task behavior and more meaningful discussions. You could even use a rubric for group work and listen to their recording as a whole class to teach what "good group work" sounds like.
Hear way beyond! Authentically assess students’ skills and participation in small groups. Designed with 4 omni-directional microphones to capture clear recordings with dramatically reduced background noise. Play back, download and share files (WAV or MP3) with specialists or parents, or upload to portfolios. Records up to 4 hours of audio from reading groups, learning centers, listening and speaking activities, speech therapy and more!
- Is self-contained plus downloads to your computer (PC, Mac) so you can send files to other teachers, parents and specialists
- Upload to your class website, virtual learning network or assessment files
- Choose the file format/size that’s right for you
- Adapts to various activities and students’ needs
- Helps you navigate the controls and recordings
- Allows the teacher to listen quietly to recordings
- Eliminates the cost of replacement batteries
- Is stylish, unobtrusive and conveniently portable
Does all of this information make you want to add this cool gadget to your classroom?? You CAN, by entering a comment below with your name and email address. Everyone gets an automatic entry just for reading this...BUT, you can earn additional entries by:
- being a follower of my blog (left sidebar)
- Liking my Facebook Fan Page by clicking HERE.
- Liking Learning Resources Facebook Fan Page Here.
- Subscribing to my Newsletter (next edition with freebies being released soon!). Do this on my blog's right sidebar.
Winning entry will be monitored! Giveaway end July 27th, 2012 at midnight!