Prior to doing this activity you will need to go to KizClub (a great teacher resource for retelling stories) and get the following printable:
On the day before you are going to read the book, you need to have students make a green splot on a large piece of construction paper:
- Pass out folded black paper and have students write their name on the fold in the middle of the paper.
- Put a blob of paint in the middle of a the black paper.
- Students refold the paper and rub to create a greeen monster face that will need to dry for the next day.
- Teacher needs to cut around the monster face before the next step making a circular type shape.
- The students will color, cut and glue the monster pieces on their monster face.
- Students will write their name on the following template:
Come check out my latest listing that I created for my classroom!
Anyone who purchases my Costume Party can get this companion flipchart (compatible for Promethean Boards and any other board that can read PB files) FREE by emailing me their TpT name and date of purchase. This is also for people who have already purchased this kit previouly and are interested in having the flipchart as well! Email me at email@example.com .