What are Popcorn Words anyway?
You can create your own unit with my starter freebies OR you can purchase my already made set which introduces the words in a researched based sequence (Treasures MacMillan McGraw Kindergarten Literacy Program) and has EVERYTHING within the 100 pages to implement this unit in your classroom. All you need to do is print and VOILA, you are ready to rock and roll with Popcorn Words in Your Classroom!
There are 10 units with the notion that you focus on the given words in each unit for 3 weeks. It starts out simple and progressively becomes more challenging as the units move on AND as your students grow.
This unit includes all of the following:
- Spreadsheets for you to keep track of your students' progress in different designs.
- Adorable quiz sheets. Again several styles ranging from 5-10 answer spots.
- A sheet of blank popcorn pieces. Versatile to use in many ways for instructional and gaming purposes.
- A Popcorn Word Dictionary.
- Appealing Study Sheets and "work"sheets for each unit. The words are introduced in a scientifically-researched manner.
- Word reviews.
- Homework activity ideas (parent friendly).
- Each word introduced in the unit on a popcorn piece, plus additonal sight words.
- Management suggestions...
- Plus more....
I am having an introductory offer for this newly listed product for my blog followers. It will only cost $8.00 until the end of August! For $8.00, you will have an entire year's worth of Popcorn Word Work and Fun (if you follow my suggestion of covering each set of words (or unit) for 3 weeks). But, it's really even better than that...it will be yours for your lifetime as a teacher to use year after year, like I have. Even better, if you are a Treasures mandated teacher, this unit follows the scientifically research based method of introducing high frequency words to kindergarten children (although I feel this can be used by 1st graders as well--maybe as a quick review at the beginning of the year before you move onto more challenging words??).